Basic information requested

jay graves jgraves3 at
Fri Mar 16 12:22:02 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:05:53 -0000, "Jamie MacIsaac"
<jamie at> wrote:

>I've just started looking at Python and would like to use it to perform some
>simple admin tasks on a Windows network. However, I'm having difficulty
>finding out how to accomplish elementary tasks.
>Can someone please point me to sample code that shows how to map a network
>share and copy some files? Is there a central resource of code samples?

This mapping question was asked in July of 2000 and I saved a couple
of the postings.  These allowed me to find the relevant thread on
Yahoo Groups.  (I really miss DejaNews.  I can't wait for Google to
bring the entrie archive back online)
Anyway here is the thread.

As far as copying files, check out the shutil module in the standard

Hope this helps.