Basic information requested

jay graves jgraves3 at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 06:22:02 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:05:53 -0000, "Jamie MacIsaac"
<jamie at cctech.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>I've just started looking at Python and would like to use it to perform some
>simple admin tasks on a Windows network. However, I'm having difficulty
>finding out how to accomplish elementary tasks.
>Can someone please point me to sample code that shows how to map a network
>share and copy some files? Is there a central resource of code samples?

This mapping question was asked in July of 2000 and I saved a couple
of the postings.  These allowed me to find the relevant thread on
Yahoo Groups.  (I really miss DejaNews.  I can't wait for Google to
bring the entrie archive back online)
Anyway here is the thread.