Jython and IDE/debugger

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Sun Mar 25 22:10:25 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:28:45 +0100, "Steinar Eriksen"
<steinar.eriksen at fikse.net> wrote:

>I would like to prototype my Java application in Jython, byt calling up
>Jython scripts from my Java classes. Whilst developing my Jython scripts; I
>am looking for some IDE or debugging tool to help me test my code. Anyone
>seen that available for Jython ?

Tkinter was ported to jPython using JNI
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtkinter)
Could it be brought up to date for jython 2?

I know it is not a "pure" Java solution, but there
are a lot of people like myself who need to use
some of the massive Java libraries, and are looking
to Jython to help provide a practical solution.

Moreover, it would help to extend the completeness
of CPython/Jython to include GUI work, wich is an added plus.

>I know the Python IDE's are excellent, but since the libraries differ I
>suppose they are not applicable,

Finn, how hard would it be to bring it up to date for jython 2?

Many thanks,

Mike.