from Tkinter import *

Timothy Grant tjg at
Wed Mar 7 18:15:14 CET 2001

Thanks for the input. I realized that most of the issues come
from importing deeper than the module level, but the discussion
of from blah import * has been fascinating.

My primary concern was name clashes.

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:34:15AM +0000, Matthew Dixon Cowles wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:16:31 -0800, Timothy Grant
> <tjg at> wrote:
> > All of Fredrik's examples in his guide on Tkinter use
> >from Tkinter import *
> >Now, I'm aware that the effbot is never wrong about anything<wink>,
> >but is it safe to assume that I should not be using the above idiom,
> >but the import Tkinter idiom instead?
> Rest assured, the effbot is right as usual.

Stand Fast,

Timothy Grant                         tjg at
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630