Python script for deMSWordification?

Werner Schiendl ws-news at
Wed Mar 7 15:50:38 CET 2001

If you have it on your machine you can use itself with Automation to do the

.doc Files are basically OLE Compound Documents that represents an IStorage.
IStorage is an interface that models DCOM structured storage alongside
Comapred to a file system IStorage is a directory, and IStream is a file.
There are APIs to cope with that kind of file.
With Visual Studio comes a tool called DocFile Viewer that shows the basic
content of the file.

But I guess you want to do that on non-MS platform.
This sounds to me like big fun, so enjoy it!

news:985h02$1pbm$1 at