Embedded Python and sharing Data?

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu
Mon Mar 12 10:17:59 EST 2001

I am new to python and I don't know much about it but it was suggested
as a decent scripting language to a program I am writing. The program
needs to be in C because it needs speed, and controls special hardware.
But I want to use python to take care of post processing of the acquired
data. Eventually, I want most of the functions controllable by python
but that is in the future.

The question is, how do I share data between python and my program. The
data can be as large as a gigabyte and is usually stored in memory. I
obviously don't want to duplicate this data :-) Can I pass pointers? Can
I create a Python Object but then how do I tell python that it contains
a normal integer array?

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve