Functionalism, aesthetics Was:(RE: I come to praise .join, not

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue Mar 20 16:27:53 EST 2001

In article <qDMt6.2497$4N4.319619 at newsc.telia.net>,
Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at effbot.org> wrote:
>Aahz Maruch wrote:
>> Carlos Ribeiro  <carribeiro at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Its unfortunate that in many cases the non-expert user keeps quiet,
>>>assuming that whatever opinion the "master" haves, its going to be better
>>>than theirs - after all they are the so-called experts.
>>
>> There's some truth to that -- but rarely on Usenet newsgroups.
>
>I doubt most experts bother to post to Usenet newsgroups
>(or read them, for that matter).

Fair enough...

>and yes, this is true for Python too...

...although I think it's less true for Python than some others, given
people like you in this fine newsgroup.  ;-)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I won't accept a model of the universe in which free will, omniscient
gods, and atheism are simultaneously true."  -- M