Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Mar 7 12:24:36 EST 2001

In article <983967284.246700 at newsmaster-04.atnet.at>, Werner Schiendl wrote:

>> > That is of course a point, if you need to let the program
>> > inspect you will try to keep it as simple as possible. But
>> > given the same functionality, I think a C++ program will not be
>> > more complex.
>>
>> The program will not be, the language is.  It's a hard-to-judge
>> tradeoff.
>
>As to my knowledge, the application itself is inspected for
>safety critical appliances. And you must not change anything
>afterwards in the software or you need to re-inspect the
>software.
>
>What use would it be to check the language?

The point is that the more complex the language, the more
difficult it is to inspect the application.  You can look at a
few lines of C and have a pretty good chance at guessing what
they do.  In C++ it's much harder to look at snippet of code
and figure out what it's going to do.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Somewhere in DOWNTOWN
                                  at               BURBANK a prostitute is