Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sat Mar 10 20:13:31 EST 2001

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Glad to see somebody seconding my opinion -- particularly somebody
> who was so adamantly set _against_ C++ before the Boost experience
> (remember how astonished you were that I even _considered_ C++ for
> gmpy...?

(Not because I was so against C++, I just was more used to Python, C,
Fortran; and these rumors about C++...;).

> It would be done by now, and well on its way to a second
> and richer release, if I had chosen C++ rather than C...:-).

I am now creating an automatic interface generator to GiNaC
(www.ginac.de) library. GiNaC uses CLN
(http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-cln.html) number classes.
CLN itself can be built to use GMP and it is much more complete
library than GMP. So, if you have any intention to use C++ for wrapping
MP numbers to Python, I would suggest CLN.

Regards,
	Pearu