Unresolved symbols in MSVCRT.DLL when running a py2exe packaged program.

Parzival Herzog parz at home.com
Fri Mar 2 01:08:53 EST 2001

Thank you for your kind replies. I have not yet found what the actual problem
is, my app will indeed run quite nicely on several different machines, with
several different MSVCRT.DLL's, and even on this offending machine, provided
that I do not use py2exe. I can't figure out what is different about this machine,
being essentially a brand new machine churned out by a disinterested
corporate IT support group, and foisted on users loaded with antivirus
and corporate policy software, but otherwise untouched, and unconfigured.

Thanks to the responders, I now know that there is
a difference in DLL policy between Win2k and Win NT. Anyways I'm not that
interested in replacing MSVCRT.DLL in the system directory of my client's machines,
that's just what we tried to do in order to find the cause of the problem.
I just want my packaged Python app to work on any machine it is distributed to
without trouble. Has no one experienced this sort of problem for themselves?
Has anyone resolved it? How?

- Parzival