Accessing Oracle from Python remotely ?

Bill Scherer Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Mar 22 07:22:25 EST 2001

Andreas Jung wrote:

>  There are currently two different DCOracle versions available. DCOracle
> 1.3.x
> supports is mostly build on top of Oracle 7 but I works although with Oracle
> 8i
> except features like BLOBs and CLOBs. When you need complete support
> for Oracle 8i take a look at Matt Kromers new version of DCOracle 2. It is
> still alpha so be warned :-) You can find DCO2 on www.zope.org  - search for
> DCO2.
>
> Andreas Jung
> Digital Creations

I'll note that the above is note strictly true.  I use blobs with Oracle
8.1.6 and DCOracle 1.3.(2?) all the time and it works fine.  The syntax
for this operation is probably not DB API compliant, but it does work. I
have spoken with Matt about this and he is aware of it. I can only
assume that clobs work similarly.

- Bill