New PEP: The directive statement

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Thu Mar 22 23:21:20 CET 2001

In article <mailman.985285352.31497.python-list at>,
 <James_Althoff at> wrote:
>ok, how about:
>from  __readyOrNot__  import nested_scopes
>or perhaps,
>from  __likeItOrNot__  import nested_scopes

This is in some respects excessively flippant, but that very flippancy
calls attention to it.  I'm not going to push this idea, but I do think
it's worth considering.
                      --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz at

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I won't accept a model of the universe in which free will, omniscient
gods, and atheism are simultaneously true."  -- M