newbie question

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Wed Mar 28 01:18:38 EST 2001

moshez at zadka.site.co.il@SMTP at python.org on 23/03/2001 20:26:40
Sent by:	python-list-admin at python.org
To:	claird at starbase.neosoft.com@SMTP
cc:	python-list at python.org@SMTP
Subject:	Re: newbie question
Classification:

On 23 Mar 2001, claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

<snipped a lot of wise things about CGI and Apache>
>> That's a lot more exciting
>> for them than hearing that, with a mere week or two of
>> study, they can install Zope on their own.

>That's pure FUD. Zope takes <depending on your internet connection> time
>to install, about 5 minutes to compile and 30 seconds to startup. And
>using it is not necessarily harder then learning CGI. I'm only mentioning
>it because "Zope is hard" seems to be a commonly uttered phrase, one that
>I believed until I actually had to get a Zope server up and running.

I have given an introductory course on Linux. Most of the people involved
had no previous experience with it. I mentioned Zope only once, and at the
'We have been experimenting with Zope, very nice, very easy'

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,