New PEP: The directive statement

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Tue Mar 20 11:53:17 EST 2001

I am not one of the gods of Python, but I'm not Python
illiterate either.

When I read PEP 236. I cringed. I understand the value, but the
solution seemed far from elegant, and in Python, most things
seem elegant (except for lambda<wink>.

When I read the below suggestion it made far more sense to me,
and seemed to be a more elegant solution to the problem.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630