Einstein's Riddle

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon Mar 12 10:31:41 EST 2001

> You could cover both cheeks by answering "if anyone owns a fish, it must be
> the German".  Then again, you may prefer to complain that "on the left of"
> doesn't necessarily imply adjacent to; or that the problem statement never
> says that a person who "lives in" a house is also its "owner"; or etc etc.

Well said. The problem is much more interesting given the assuption that
one of the owners actually has the fish. Call me dumb if you wish for
making this mental leap of logic and diving in, rather than sitting
there with arms crossed claiming that nobody said one of these people
actually owned a fish.