Cameron Laird Quote on www.unixinsider.com -- Probably old news to y'all, but new to me.

Paul T. Miller paul at fxtech.com
Wed Mar 14 18:58:11 EST 2001

> I apologize for trotting it out again, if I am repeating something earlier
> discussed, but I couldn't find any direct reference to it (my nntp server
> sucks, only goes back 7 days).
>
> All I'll add is: Well said, Cameron!

I love Python. I especially love it as an embedded scripting language.
But it is not going to replace graphics applications where speed is
paramount. Many of these articles fail to take that into account. But
then again, many problem domains do not have the interaction constraints
that 3D or compositing applications have.