ANN: mxNumber -- Experimental Number Types, Version 0.2.0

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Wed May 2 18:27:30 EDT 2001

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> writes:

> Paul Moore wrote:
> > >python
> > ActivePython 2.1, build 210 ActiveState)
> > based on Python 2.1 (#15, Apr 19 2001, 10:28:27) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> > 1
> > 0
> >
> > Does this count as "strange behaviour"? Surely mx.Number.Integer
> > values should compare properly with Python integers?
>
> They do... I get these results with stock Python 2.1:

> 0
> 0

Um. I didn't think that ActiveState's version should give differences
like this - they're both version 2.1. If this is a genuine difference
between the ActiveState version and the one available from python.org,
that's a *major* issue!

I'll see if I can get the time to install a "stock" Python 2.1
alongside the ActiveState one, and see if I can reproduce this
difference.

Paul