random numbers, threads and reproducibility

Neil mac4-devnull at theory.org
Sat May 19 03:41:54 EDT 2001

Requiring a threaded program to be 100% reproducable is a tall order.
There are a lot of factors involved.  If your program simply requires that
each thread gets the same 'random' number sequence, then I would
implement this by giving each thread its own whrandom instance, which
 is what you sugest below :-)

Neil