how to run a program on server from client wxpython frontend?

Hanna Joo hanna at chagford.com
Tue May 8 11:56:07 EDT 2001

Hello

I am writing a small program that will read/write data from postgres on a
linux server. The client machine where the wxpython front end will run is a
windows machine. I am trying to find a way to establish a connection to the
server (user sockets?) and pass the data file that will be processed by
another python program (once I can pass data to the python program on linux
I can do all the writing and reading to the database). Is there a way to
connect to the database straight away? Or should I try to invoke a python
program on the server that will do the database bit? (Eiter way don't know
how to go about it =)

If you have any experience in writing front-ends involving databases I would
really appreciate your input.

(Then again maybe I should just write the whole thing for linux
workstations.. hmph then all problems are solved :)

TIA

Hanna from sunny South Africa