cgi dat coruption by Internet Explorer 5.0

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.nospamnet
Sun May 13 18:17:43 EDT 2001

In article <p%AL6.93$gc1.8138 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
micheas at earthlink.net says...
<snip>

> <HTML>
> <Head>
> </Head>
>

> Is the output of the script.
> should content-type be something else? or should I be specifying the
> encoding with a meta tag? and if so what should it be?
>
> Thank you very much for your help I have found next to nothing on the web but I
> haven't known exactly what my problem is just the symptoms.
>
> --Micheas

If that is the whole of the output, try a </HTML> closing tag and see
what happens.

Seems to me you need to emit more HTTP headers then just content-type,
but i'm not 100% sure of that. BTW, encoding is:
 transfer-encoding: <something>

I'd leave transfer-encoding as a last resort though.

Dave LeBlanc