os.popen hangs mutt

Jason R. Mastaler jason-dated-990212323.9f935b at mastaler.com
Thu May 10 14:58:42 EDT 2001

Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu> writes:

> My guess is that it will be blocking in wait(), called from
> pclose().  If its qmail-inject child hasn't exited, that would even
> be correct.  popen2() doesn't tie close() to wait().

Another oddity is that this os.popen problem only happens on certain
BSDs (FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but not IRIX, BSD/OS or Linux for example).

> I imagine something must have fallen out of your examples, but the
> first omits what I think would be an important write('\n').

It's not an omission actually.  The write('\n') is not necessary in
the os.popen example.

--
(TMDA - http://tmda.sourceforge.net)
(Python-based SPAM reduction system)