Maintenance release? (Was RE: Variables different between .py and .pyc)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue May 8 11:42:30 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.989330713.29691.python-list at python.org>,
Thomas Wouters  <thomas at xs4all.net> wrote:

>Hmmm.... But 'i' would be 1 or 2 depending on whether the interpreter
>had loaded a .pyc file or compiled a fresh one ? Ewwww :) I'm tempted
>to say this is a bugfix, but since it's a bugfix that changes things
>silently, I'll say that even then it's not supposed to go into
>2.1.x. People have been living with it for 10 years, they can live with
>it for a few more months ;)

You're the boss.  BTW, feel free to update PEP 6 to list yourself as the
2.1.1 owner; it wasn't official as of the last update, and I haven't
felt like bugging Barry to do it.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Don't be so humble -- you are not that great."  --Golda Meir