Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun May 13 23:44:26 EDT 2001

[Hey, Greg, just a friendly reminder to please include attributions for
your quotes.]

In article <87y9s0fvyo.fsf at litterbox.meowing.net>,
A Meowbot  <meowbot at meowing.net> wrote:
>Ron Stephens:
>>
>> I am looking for reasons to avoid learning Ruby.
>
>Okay, this kind of thing has bugged me for the longest time.  What is
>the source of this meme, that there can be One and Only One Real True
>Language, and all others must be banished to the hinterlands?
>
>I've found all along that the more languages I play with, the easier
>it becomes to play with yet more of them.  Do others find it works out
>differently for them, that carrying more than one language around just
>makes a mental mishmash of the others?

While I agree with your rant to a certain extent, it's also true IMO
that learning some languages can serve to add confusion.  Trying to
remember the syntax for a while loop or a function definition gets old
rather fast.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."  --David St. Hubbins