Messaging in Py?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Sun May 20 14:58:19 EDT 2001

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 06:36:04PM +0000, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
| How about SOAP?  Isn't SOAP emergining as a dominant protocol for
| messaging, for making requests across HTTP, and for Web services?

According the the xml-rpc site the xml-rpc guys used to work for MS.
They left after sharing the xml-rpc idea.  Now they maintain xml-rpc,
which is a simple way for using RPC (from the client's perspective,
anyways).  SOAP is what the other MS guys ended up with after they
bloated xml-rpc with excess features.

I haven't used either system yet so everything above is hearsay (not
my opinion and not my experience; yet <wink>), from the xml-rpc web
site.

-D