Why isn't Python king of the hill?

Helen Dawson helend at accessone.com
Thu May 24 02:40:50 EDT 2001

I think debugger weakness is one problem. PythonWin seems to be
best of the bunch, and it's a pretty spiffy IDE, but has some serious
debugging weaknesses.

The interactive nature of Python makes a debugger less important,
but a good debugger is still a great thing to have.

The apparent inability to edit variables in PythonWin is my current
gripe, and the odd method of dealing with infinite loops in your
Python scripts is another. Both fixable, but not apparently a priority.