Tkinter wm_withdraw doesn't work

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 18:01:24 EDT 2001

"Courageous" <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote in message
news:3e8ggt80pqjcnp05glfgbpplhn99gdg57h at 4ax.com...
> provide a huge bases for developing other extensions. If one is going
> to extending CPython on Windows or any other platform, the preferred
> language really is C. Other extensions will likely not be very appreciated
> by the community.

If one wants one's extensions to be "appreciated by the community"
(the Python one), you're probably right that C is one's only hope.  If,
on the other hand, one cares about productivity or cross-language
use, the picture is different.  I develop in C when I must (because I
hope for an extension to be used widely), in C++ when I can (because,
with Boost Python, it makes me 2 or 3 times more productive than C
with the Python API's) or when I need my extension to be used
cross-language (because C++ with ATL is my most productive way
to develop COM servers -- people with Delphi or Eiffel backgrounds
will no doubt be more productive in their favourite languages... Haskell
or O'Caml are not fully mature yet for COM dev't, IMHO, though they
ARE advancing very fast).

Alex