building python2-2.1-4.src.rpm on mdk7.2 fails

s713221 at student.gu.edu.au s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Thu May 24 03:17:46 EDT 2001

JimB417 wrote:

> Sean Reifschneider wrote:
>
> >I've had more trouble building RPMs on Mandrake...  If anyone knows what
> >the malfunction is, I'd love to update the python.org RPMs to work with
> >Mandrake.
> >
> >Sean
> >--
>
> I have the same problem building the source with SuSE 7.1. I am also interested
> in any solutions. Thanks,
>
> Jim

One thing that I have noticed is that the man pages are compressed to
tar.bz2 format on Mandrake, when the spec files are expecting tar.gz.
Are you getting lots of "cannot find files" in the install/package
stages?

Joal Heagney/AncientHart

PS: If you want a built RPM on Mandrake 7.2, send me an email and I'll
get it to you.