Tkinter Text widget and event bindings

gods1child alankarmisra at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 16:11:53 EDT 2001

I'm using Tkinter via Python. I have a Text widget which I bind to the
<Key> event. Now my event function gets invoked BEFORE the default
methods are invoked ie any inserted text or deletion or whatever is
processed AFTER my function is processed(which seems logical). But how
do I get the 'current' text ie the text AFTER the current key events
have been processed? The logical approach would be to forcefully
invoke the default functions and then extract the value. Is this
possible?