Exposing Python object running in NT service as COM object

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu May 3 11:13:54 EDT 2001

"Syver Enstad" <syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com> wrote in message
news:wyaI6.5641$gX3.305912 at news3.oke.nextra.no...
> Anyone knows what is required to do this?
>
> My idea is to have the application object in my service expose itself to
COM
> so that I can configure, and trace the service via COM/DCOM.

The single outstanding requirement would appear to be a copy of Mark Hammond
and Andy Robinson's "Python Programming on Win32" (see
http://www.amk.ca/bookstore/python.html). It certainly contains lots of
useful stuff, and discusses both COM interactions and NT services in Python
extensively.

Sorry if you were looking for free resources.

of-which-c.l.py-is-undoubtedly-the-best-ly y'rs  - steve