client side scripting

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Fri May 18 21:54:55 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> support multiple alternative clientside script languages -- Javascript
> is all you get (I hope this isn't so any more in Mozilla, but I think
> it still is).  In any case, ARE you willing to rely on the end-user

It still is.  However, Mozilla are definitely working towards that.
Very recently code was checked in to allow Python access to the Mozilla
DOM, which is a step in the right direction.

However, even then, the dependency on Python being installed is almost
certain to exist - it is unlikely Mozilla/Netscape 6+ will install Python.

One-of-these-days ly,

Mark.