Python and Visual Programming?? Ideas for a complete python "IDE"

Tom Jenkins tjenkins at devis.com
Mon May 7 16:27:11 EDT 2001

Thomas Weholt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just putting some ideas out so people can comment on them;
>
> ( This is pretty long, skip to the bottom to get the main idea )

[snip]

> I want feedback or ideas on how we could organize such an effort, if there
> are any interest. I'm not a leader/project-leader kind of guy myself, but
> want to be part of such a project as a developer.
>
> Any related info is also interesting.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas Weholt

Hi Thomas,
This sounds like a great project.  I'd suggest starting a project up at
sourceforge.net

I think piggybacking on Dia's xml format is the way to go.  You won't
have to necessarily integrate the python class, sql stuff, etc into Dia
directly while still gaining the benefit of the work on Dia.

--
Tom Jenkins
devIS - Development Infostructure