ANNOUNCE: pyrepl 0.5.0 (was: ANNOUNCE: Readline Alternative 1.2)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun May 6 18:07:29 EDT 2001

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> I think it's finally time to release my line reader I've been working
> on on and off for about a year now: pyrepl 0.5 (it used to be called
[snip]
>  * Supports Python 2.0 and 2.1.

Just a quick note to thank Itamar Shtull-Trauring for pointing out
that this is not true.  pyrepl needs Python 2.1 (it uses a continue
inside a try block (which is fixable) and setupterm and tparm from
curses (which isn't)).  Sorry 'bout that.

Cheers,
M.

--
  But since I'm not trying to impress  anybody in The Software Big
  Top, I'd rather walk the wire using a big pole, a safety harness,