OT - Limiting freedom (was: How to Read/Write RTF and Word Files?)

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.fep.ru
Thu May 24 04:06:00 EDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Greg Jorgensen wrote:
> Further off-topic:
>
> The practice used to be called platform lock-in; IBM perfected it back in
> the heyday of mainframes. Every hardware and software company wants to

   Not every. Free Software Foundation don't. That's why I support Free
Software movement.

> lock their customers in. I don't see anything evil in it as long as they

   I see evils here. First, they are limiting my freedom. I will not allow
them to do it and will actively battle against any limitations they will
try to impose. Including limiting my rights to modify the code. Long live
GPL!

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru