Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sun May 13 23:39:09 EDT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001 03:03:42 GMT, in comp.lang.python you wrote:

>1. How difficult to learn is Ruby, compared to Python?

Harder.

>2. Is object oriented programming easier to learn and use in Ruby than
>in Python?

No.

>3. Can someone give me a list of disadvantages of using Ruby, compared
>to Python?

Python: _much_ larger library and 3rd party support.
Python: code clarity
Python: lack of duplicative forms
Python: _far_ better documentation

>                                                                                                         whereas the object
>oriented aspects of Python are a little difficult for me.

I cannot fathom why at all, however this claims of yours is irrefutably true. :-)

>Why waste my time on Ruby???

Can't think of why.

>Oh Ruby, dont take my love to town...

i-can-smell-a-troll-as-well-as-the-next-guy ly-yrs Joe Kraska