Language comparisons

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed May 9 10:27:08 EDT 2001

In article <13ghftgdda4nsieesjkj8i2pokth49p03c at 4ax.com>, Courageous wrote:

>And you're wrong about one thing: C's not as easy to guess where
>the time goes as one might think.

I think it depends on the environment.  My back ground is in
embedded systems where it's 100% user-written-code.  In that
environment there are no black-box I/O libraries or memory
allocation routines being called.  For normally hosted
applications my observation is probably not true.

>The moral of the story: one must always profile.

Agreed.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  TATTOOED MIDGETS
                                  at               are using ALFREDO in their