closing this thread? was: Re: Range Operation pre-PEP

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri May 11 06:04:02 EDT 2001

On 11 May 2001, Douglas Alan wrote:

Hello!

It seems our discussion is getting anti-productive. As I have not heard
strong arguments for the proposal of syntactically supported ranges, I
understand that the feature is not desirable and it's better to leave
things where they are, because nobody (including me) has no idea of good
enough syntax.

> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
> >> In what way did I misrepresent Ben's original claim?  I did not.

> > as for your programs -- well, I haven't seen a single line of code
> > from you.  if you spent more time writing and sharing code, and less
> > time trolling (etc)
>
> When have I ever "trolled"?  I have only expressed my opinion, which
> is reasonably well-informed, and, I think, worth considering.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -