sniffer

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Mon May 14 15:45:32 EDT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001 19:25:24 +0200, Baton <kbaton at poczta.fm> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm going to write a simple siffer (that sniffs only IP headers - source IP.
>dest IP, protocol) and I'm looking for some docs or howtos about network
>programming in Python.
>If someone wrote any application similary that I plan, please sen it me or
>write back where to read about writting network scripts in Python

Be sure to check out pylibpcap at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pylibpcap/

It's a Python interface for the libpcap packet sniffing library. It contains
examples, too.

For general network programming in Python, I can recommend the Python Socket
Programming Howto at http://py-howto.sourceforge.net

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage