*Real* Python on a PDA

Jeff Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Tue May 22 16:45:06 EDT 2001

Hi-

I haven't seen mention here of Agenda Computing's VR3D
Linux PDA. Those who are interested in running python
on a palmtop might want to take a look. I've had a developer's
edition of the Agenda for a couple of months. It's a little
rough as a PDA, but it's a great toy for Linux fans. Python
1.5.2 and 2.1 have both been ported - and I'm talking
about full python here - not like the deploy-only version
for the Palm. pyFLTK is even available for GUI work.

Very reasonably priced: $189 for developer's edition
and $249 for consumer version.

Agenda Computing:
    http://www.agendacomputing.com/
    http://developer.agendacomputing.com
O'Reilly review:
    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/05/18/agenda_pda.html
A Python port for Agenda:
    http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~acedil1/agenda/little.shtml

  --Jeff
[No connection with Agenda Computing - just sharing a techie tip]