_winreg help again -- KEY_SET_VALUE doesn't work!

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue May 22 20:04:24 EDT 2001

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

> I still get access denied errors when trying to retrieve the value of PATH
> in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment, changing it, and then using SetValueEx()
> to set it.  The permissions flag is set to KEY_SET_VALUE as per Mark
> Hammond's recommendation.

I think you missed the point of my post.  Your original example omitted
a param.  My point was that you needed an extra zero before the
"permissions" param, not that the permissions param should be changed.

Mark.