IDLE is broken ?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat May 12 00:53:15 EDT 2001

On Sat, 12 May 2001 04:46:41 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <h5gpft8f6dhq694b37h5j7re6a81q5lmpo at 4ax.com>:

:On Sat, 12 May 2001 04:33:19 GMT, Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> wrote:
:
:>Actually, it occurs to me after posting this, that it may have been due to
:>installing VPython. :(
:
:I have several different python installations and the like. To
:compensate for this, I have scripts for py and idle which
:redefine PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH to contain values for the
:more stable install. I've used variations of this technique for a very
:long time, because applications frequently have no way of
:disambiguating multiple installs.
:

OK, I'm still not certain how I can recover from the predicament that I find
myself in. I guess I will write to the VPython people and see if they can give
me some tips.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/