Another Python Success Story! VirtualGirl ...[was: (no subject)]

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat May 12 20:21:09 EDT 2001

Steven D. Majewski <sdm7g at virginia.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 May 2001 Desktopgirls at aol.com wrote:

>> message:  Hi guys...My name is Bunny Luv and I could forever live and
>> software now. - It's easy and fast, 100% free, contains 30 different
>> animations and never expires. Imagine a beautiful girl saying hi in
>> the morning, reminding you of your appointments,dancing and stripping
>> for you whenever you ask ?  - VirtuaGirl is yours.  Let her be
>> whatever you want her to be and appear on your your desktop whenever
>> you feel like it!! Tempting, no ?? And there is more...

> Wow -- and this was all written in Python ?
> Please add this to the Python success stories page!

Darn, so she got reactivated? This is actually not in Python, but in mess of
convoluted Perl and a few dozens other languages. Someone at the PSU was
doing some completely unauthorized experiments with a copy of the timbot code
at one point. Someone must've reactivated the BunnyBot. I don't think
that person has any authorization either.

To avoid any future confusion, the PSU currently runs only four authorized
bots: the timbot, the effbot, the martellibot and th