GUI dev ???

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 18:19:21 CEST 2001

"Harvest T. Moon" <info at black-karma.de> wrote in message
news:9f5odo$2dj4m$1 at ID-22517.news.dfncis.de...
> for Mac, Windoze and *nix there is Tkinter (a wrapper for tcl/tk), the
> de-facto standard GUI library for Python, so for cross-plattform
development
> it's really the best choice IMHO.

Quite possibly, but the clear alternative is wxPython, which
should run on the same platforms.  AFAIK, BeOS IS one target
of wxWindows too, and when that's done wxPython should follow.
(I'm surprised that Tkinter doesn't work on BeOS, but I'll
take your word for it -- I really know nothing about BeOS).

Alex