Against PEP 240

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Thu May 31 09:16:29 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.991303187.29241.python-list at python.org>,
Laura Creighton  <lac at cd.chalmers.se> wrote:

>(Not to pick on Nick, you do have to in some way get peace with the floating
>point to use it, though _my_ _word_ we are different people tempermentally.
>Hidden inaccuracies are what keeps me up at night, sweating.  No
>hyperbole.  But I think doing nothing rather than fixing the default
>behaviour of python on treatment of numbers that have a period in them
><And thanks to more conversation with Remco Gerlich I think that it
>is decimal, not rational that is the way to go, somebody try to talk us
>out of it>  is exactly what Burke was talking about.

You write the PEP, I'll write the code.  (I'm already doing the latter;
I'm not interested in the political end of this issue.)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Characters exist to suffer, you know.  An author needs a little sadism
in her makeup."  --Brenda Clough