Range Operation pre-PEP

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Thu May 10 12:28:04 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> "Douglas Alan" <nessus at mit.edu> wrote: in message

>> (Besides, I never lobbied for Python to include macros.  I only stated
>> that it would be a better language if it had them.  But sometimes
>> better is worse.)

> Didn't you write "Python should have procedural macros like Lisp."
> (on 2001-04-16 14:20:05 PST

Yes, and Joe's Diner should have higher ceilings and my brother should
be shorter.

I shouldn't think that expressing how something should be should
necessarily be interpreted as recommending that something that already
exists should be changed.  On the other hand, you should probably
infer correctly what I would say about what should be included in
Python 3k.