Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun May 13 23:03:42 EDT 2001

1. How difficult to learn is Ruby, compared to Python?

2. Is object oriented programming easier to learn and use in Ruby than
in Python?

3. Can someone give me a list of disadvantages of using Ruby, compared
to Python? I am looking for reasons to avoid learning Ruby. Ruby
attracts me because, reading the Ruby book in the Barnes and Noble
store, it appears that the object oriented nature of Ruby is
extraordinarily clean and simple to understand, whereas the object
oriented aspects of Python are a little difficult for me. In every other
way, I truly love Python and find it to be the simplest and easiest
programming language of all time. Why waste my time on Ruby??? Help me
close me ears to the siren call of a mutant language that threatens to
cause me to prostitute my pure, if not chaste, love for Python....

Oh Ruby, dont take my love to town...