curses -- module cannot be found

Kalle Svensson kalle at gnupung.net
Sun May 6 20:01:44 EDT 2001

Sez Brian Alexander:
> Hello;
>
> The curses module is described in the documentation for P2.1, but cannot be
> found when I "import curses". Is there something I haven't done to make it
> visible to the interpreter?

Most likely, either you have compiled your own python and the curses module
was not built because header/library files was missing or you use a binary
package that was not compiled with cureses support.  The solution is to find
or compile a version with curses support.  How to do this depends on what
platform you're on.

Peace,
  Kalle
--