Design-by-Committee

Steve Cooper stevencooper at isomedia.com
Wed May 2 16:46:23 EDT 2001

I personally don't want Python to be (become) a swiss army knife with all
these new language widgets.  I'd rather have an efficient screwdriver that
works well with, but doesn't replace, the rest of my toolkit.  I think that
was the original intent.  I hope it stays that way.

When the quantity of double-underscore tags in typical Python scripts starts
approaching the number of dollar signs in typical Perl scripts that's when I
jump onto Ruby, or whatever the next great hope will be. :-)

Regards,