Problem using SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer on Windows?

Panu A Kalliokoski pkalliok at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu May 31 05:34:49 EDT 2001

xtian at hyperactive.co.nz wrote:
> Hi -

> I'm trying to implement a simple multi-threaded chat-type server,
> following an implementation example from Java, but I was amazed to see
> that SocketServer had done all the infrastructure work for me.

Um... how can you make a chat server with SocketServer? SocketServer is a
synchronous server, meaning in practice that there is only one connection
open at a time. If you're planning on using multiple connections, you
should use the asyncore & asynchat packages (which are part of the Python
main distribution) or my recent package, selecting, which is much better
IMHO and is available at http://sange.fi/~atehwa-u/selecting-0.8.tar.gz

Panu