How to test if connected to the Internet

Daniel Daniel.Kinnaer at Advalvas.be
Mon May 7 16:23:04 EDT 2001

Hi,

A few days ago, I wrote some code (see post on NNTP) that allowed
posting a message to a newsgroup.  All goes well if the connection
with the Internet (to my ISP) is already established, but how can I
check if there is already a valid connection? And if there isn't a
connection to the ISP, how do I dial in using Python code?

 I have tried http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/sockets/node6.html but
don't seem to get anywhere...

Is there some (easy) example code available which lets me check if a
connection to the Internet is established or not?  If not, how can I
dial-in to my ISP using Python?

Thanks.  Best regards,  Daniel