Python 2.0 quick reference...

Steve Williams stevewilliams at wwc.com
Sat May 19 21:07:15 EDT 2001

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <2otcgt8u7km5ciff9b4jbj49kgmnvsl147 at 4ax.com>,
> David Fuess  <fuess1 at home.com> wrote:
> >On 18 May 2001 20:58:41 GMT, kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu (Mark
> >'Kamikaze' Hughes) wrote:
> >>
> >>  [about Lynx]

> [snip]

> The problem is that your rant leaves out interoperability issues.  For
> example, consider how a user of MS Word feels on receiving a document in
> LaTeX format.  That's the way a lot of webmasters feel about Lynx.
> --

[snip, some more]

Oh, man.  I swore I wouldn't post to this newsgroup 'cause it messed up the
signal/noise ratio, but. . .

I run a newspaper.  On Macs.  When my stringers send their 100 word screeds in 10k
WORD documents. . .

What's wrong with text?  So what if I don't read your magnum opus in the original
72-point Railroad Boldoni?

Interoperatability:  Everything supports COM.  Right?  Sheesh.