Martin Philipp martin.philipp at gmx.net
Tue May 29 16:49:28 EDT 2001

I have the follwing problem with packages:
- I use python 2.0 under Win Me
- I installed a set of packages/modules in d:\\localxml
- all packages are below the root node xml, such dom, utils etc.
- a statement such as
"from xml.dom import core"
  fails with: "ImportError: cannot import name core"
  even though d:\\localxml and d:\\localxml\\xml are in sys.path
- in each directory starting from localxml there is an appropriate
__init__.py file
- strangely enogh, a "from dom import core" works, however this leads to
errors of the above kind for subsequent import statements in that module

What is going on/wrong? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your efforts,

Martin